Tuesday, November 20, 2012

10 Steps to a traditional printed embroidery

Today I'll show you the embroidery traditional printing process






Step 1
Drawing pattern on paper

Step 2
Copy the pattern on transparent paper

Step 3
Use the perforation machine to perforate the pattern on transparent paper

Step 4
Lay the perforated paper on the canvas.

Step 5
Spread the special blue ointment over the perforated paper.

Step 6
Move the perforated paper.

Step 7
Wait an hour for the design to dry.

Step 8
Now time to embroider!

Step 9
Wash the embroidered canvas by hand.

Step 10
Wait for the canvas to dry.
Iron gently.
The mission is completed!


Enjoy!
Orly.

4 comments:

  1. Hello, thank you for sharing this information on the traditional embroidery process. I am looking for a used perforation machine like the one pictured, and am having a lot of trouble finding one. Any ideas where I can go to find one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Joe,
    I am glad that you love the information in my post.
    About the machine, I have got mine from my family inheritance.
    I don't know where you can find such a machine
    Maybe in vintage sites?
    Let me know when you will find:-)
    Good luck!
    Orly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Orly! What kind of ink do you use? Is it washable? Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nichole,
    I use a special ink that I make by a recipe that I got from my family.
    The ink is washable, you can find it in my store:-)
    I saw your shop and your blog and I love it!
    I'd love to be in touch
    Orly

    ReplyDelete